Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services

How do I access CART?

The Americans with Disabilities Act provides for reasonable accommodations to be made in certain settings to those who may benefit from assistance for their particular disability. School districts and universities who receive federal funding must comply with this Act by accommodating a student who requests CART. Sometimes alternative services are offered, such as an FM system, American Sign Language interpreters or C-Print, but it is the consumer’s preference that must ultimately be accommodated. Arrange to have a meeting with the Office of Disability Services at your school to request this service.